It is a good idea to have an emergency plan, not only for you but also for your pet in the event of an emergency.
You should have an animal emergency kit. Things to include in it:
• A 3-7 day supply of food, treats, and bottled water
• Vaccination records, prescriptions, and proof of ownership (including a current photo of you with your pet(s) and descriptions
• Emergency numbers, contacts, and vet's office.
• Medications and medical records
• First aid supplies
• Nail clippers and grooming items
• Leash and harness
• Pet carrier
• Litter and portable litter box
• Creature comforts: pet bed, clean blanket/towel. Toys
• Paper towels, trash bags, and wet wipes
Know of a safe place to take your pet. Not all places allow non-service animals.
The ASPCA has an Animal Poison Control number
• (888) 426-4435
• There might be a fee to call
Red Cross has an animal first aid app that can be downloaded from the Apple Store or Google Play